Data Protection Law
Personal data is a value, moreover, a modern commodity. Sensitivity for the protection of personal data increases. Accordingly, in all their activities companies are obliged to comply with data protection provisions.
I support companies in getting prepared for the EU General Data Protection Regulation (25 May 2018) as well as anticipating compliance with Federal Data Protection Act currently under revision .
My key areas of expertise are:
- Agreements between data controllers and data processors, in particular in connection with outsourcing projects
- International data transfers
- Intra-group data transfers
- Information requests of data subjects
- Company data protection guidelines / record management guidelines
- Compliant employee monitoring and employee data processing
- Data protection concepts and strategies
- Data Protection Officer
- Data Protection Audits
Since 2008 I chair the annual Data Protection Conference of the Europainstitut of the University of Zurich. Programs of past conferences can be obtained here: 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009 and 2008. I am very much looking forward to chairing the Data Protection Conference on 25 January 2018 for the 11th time.