Data economy, data governance, data protection are subject to dynamic developments and are as complicated as they are interwoven. We help you to find the right legal balance between innovation and privacy protection so that you can make the most of the opportunities of digitalisation.
Navigating the intricate web of data protection laws, privacy requirements and cybersecurity requirements is critical to your business. We are here to support you.
We specialize in providing comprehensive legal services tailored to the data economy, data protection, and privacy concerns. We help our clients navigate the ever-evolving privacy landscape to ensure compliance and protection in an era defined by data-driven operations. We offer strategic guidance to harmonize your business model with stringent data protection laws to position your organization at the intersection of compliance and innovation.
With a focus on data compliance projects, we assist companies in developing effective data protection concepts and strategies in view of the revised Federal Data Protection Act (FADP), the Cantonal data protection laws and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This includes drafting, negotiating and amending the respective agreements such as data processing agreements, joint controller agreements, intra-group data transfer contracts particularly in the context of outsourcing projects to ensure that companies adhere to legal requirements while securely managing data across borders. We support in compliance projects, provide expert opinions and the drafting of policies and procedures for setting up effective governance and stringent compliance organization.
We closely monitor data protection-relevant legislative and regulatory developments not only in Switzerland but also in the EU, such as the Artificial Intelligence Act (AI Act), Data Governance Act, Data Act, E-Privacy Regulation, Digital Services Act (DSA) and Digital Markets Act (DMA), der draft Regulation on the European Health Data Space. We support our clients in understanding the possible ramifications of these regulations to their operations.
What we can do for you.
- Advice on all data protection issues: We support you in complying with national and international data protection regulations
- Contract management: Drafting, reviewing and adapting data processing and data transfer contracts
- Legal opinions: Clarification of questions on data use, data transfer abroad and other relevant topics
- Training & workshops: Raising your employees' awareness of data protection and data processing
- Digitalisation and e-health, in particular data protection and the use of health data
- Legal advice in M&A transactions regarding IT and data protection (Due Diligence)
Why Arioli Law?
Experience: With decades of experience in key positions in both the public and private sectors, we are predestined to advise you on data law issues with a holistic, pragmatic view.
Expertise: Our deep knowledge of Swiss and international data law enables us to support our clients in the most sensitive data protection law issues that may arise.
Personalised approach: We take the time to understand your specific needs and challenges and offer customised solutions.
Up-to-date: The world of data law is decidedly dynamic. We constantly keep up to date with the latest legislative developments, doctrine and case law
- Legal support for comprehensive digital transformation projects of hospitals with data protection relevance and compliance with patient confidentiality obligations
- Comprehensive legal assessment of readiness of outsourcing service provider with a global footprint regarding the entry into force of the revised Federal Data Protection Act (and previously the entry into force of the GDPR)
- Legal advice on complex data protection matters for organisations in the health care sector, in particular in the context of information obligations, consent and the deployment of telemedicine tools.
- Comprehensive legal assessment of readiness of global insurance company regarding the entry into force of the revised Federal Data Protection Act (and previously the entry into force of the GDPR)
- Review and audit of processes of a state-owned player in the transport sector regarding compliance with the GDPR
- Review and audit of processes of a postal services company regarding compliance with the GDPR
- Legal advice to US-based software company in its People Analytics offering to enter the European Market
- Legal advice to a global beverage manufacturer on all IT and data protection issues in Switzerland, in particular regarding in sweepstakes and campaigns in the Swiss market