Arioli Law is committed to supporting our high-profile clients navigate the most challenging legal issues arising in the rapidly evolving digital landscape.
In today's world, information and communication technology have become paramount in both personal and business realms. As such, ensuring that agreements in the IT sector are clear, appropriate and suit the purpose is of utmost importance for all parties involved. That's where we come in.
With our expertise in drafting and negotiating technology contracts, we excel in handling a wide range of matters. At the forefront today are of course cloud computing contracts and we help our clients in navigating the regulatory requirements applicable to the financial services industry, the health care industry, as well as telecommunications. Technological innovations are numerous, but their implementation is usually a great challenge for all involved parties, in particular in the health care industry.
With our extensive expertise in the field, we assist our clients in various legal aspects, including the development and procurement of innovative applications and platforms, Web3 applications such as blockchain-based applications and NFTs, licensing and distribution agreements, and the protection of new products and inventions. We also offer guidance on IoT (Internet of Things) and AI (Artificial Intelligence) including People Analytics, ensuring our clients are equipped from a legal perspective to embrace the opportunities presented by emerging technologies. We draw up tailor-made contracts, whether for individual projects or General Terms and Conditions (GTC) for suppliers and General Terms and Conditions of Purchase (GTC) for customers. In addition, we prepare expert opinions for private and public organisations on legal issues related to digitalisation.
What we can do for you.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating software contracts (development, licensing, maintenance).
- Advising on technology-based business models
- Legal advice in M&A transactions regarding IT and data protection (Due Diligence)
- Advising on the compliance of technology projects in regulated markets, especially in financial industry and the healthcare sector
- Contract negotiations for the procurement and licensing of medical devices
- Digitalisation and e-health, in particular the use of health data as well as patient secrecy and data protection compliance
- Support in the implementation of crowdfunding, digital marketplaces, online platforms
- Advice on blockchain projects
- Mediation or termination advice for complex IT projects in distress
- Telecommunications law and regulatory compliance
- Advice on copyright and data protection issues arising in the use of AI applications
Why Arioli Law?
What began at the turn of the millennium with a fascination for open source that led to enthusiasm for drafting and negotiating global outsourcing contracts is now part of Arioli Law’s DNA: a passion for drafting contracts in the technology sector: clear, self-explanatory contract language, targeted and fair contract negotiations which both results in resilient contracts that help avoid disputes later on.
- Legal and regulatory support of one of the most successful crowdfunding platforms in Switzerland, in particular with regard to the regulatory uncertainties and changing approaches of FINMA at the time of its foundation in 2012.
- Comprehensive legal advice to a successful app developer on client projects, in particular also on projects of government-related companies, drafting and negotiating standard agreements
- Comprehensive legal advice to a successful FinTech company from set-up to the white-labelling of their proprietary platform
- Legal support for the innovation management of hospitals in the digital transformation, in particular in the procurement of state-of-the-art surgical equipment, telephony, ERP, ERP HR in the cloud, procurement and maintenance of medical equipment, cleaning of medical equipment
- Supporting the evaluation of tools and the development of apps to enable communication with patients that meet data protection, patient confidentiality and professional secrecy requirements while maintaining the highest technical standards.
- Advising public health institutions on the use of cloud services and video conferencing systems.
- Drafting standard contracts for a multinational IoT-provider
- Legal support of a US provider of people analytics applications in partner agreements with Swiss research institutions
- Cross-border Due Diligence regarding IT and data protection in the acquisition of an online shop
- Legal support of multiple vendors in public procurement by the Federal Government for the agile development of nationwide complex interdisciplinary platform for emergency response
- Legal support of US-based IoT provider in public procurement applications for a state-owned transportation company
- Legal advice for public hospitals on regulatory compliance with medical device regulation